Finding David Durham in the Game

From: Alexander G. M. Smith <agmsmith_at_...>
Date: Sat, 04 Jan 2003 23:21:35 -0500 EST

KentCave wrote on Sun, 5 Jan 2003 04:52:42 +0700:
> I'm soooooo glad to hear that. Hmm I got no experience regarding sales and
> profit, and not sure if it can ever be revealed, but still curious to know
> whats the total cost to make and market KoDP and how many copies to be sold
> to be taken as profitable? I know movies have to make at least 3 times their
> cost to gain profit. I mean a $10 mill movie has to earn $30 mill for it to
> be successful.

Obviously not successful enough to do a sequel. The games industry doesn't pay too much in royalties, so you need giant hits to make a significant profit. Still, they haven't gone bankrupt.

> Hmm guess from my luck I won't ever get to know which one is him. As long as
> I know which one is David Dunham I can rest in peace knowing that I can
> torture the poor guy in game whenever the living one tortures me with his
> riddles.

There was a photo of him on a site related to the Independant Games Festival award, but I can't find it. Oddly enough, doing an image search on Google for "Dragon Pass" turns up a lot of screen shots. Ah, finally found it after going through a few hundred web pages: http://www.gamasutra.com/features/20010105/brown_03.htm