RE: dino eggs

From: James Sterrett & Corinne Mahaffey <jscm_at_...>
Date: Sun, 05 Jan 2003 21:54:24 -0500

> > Hmm. Not sure about Plow. I think I never get a message about them
> > again. I don't think that Plow team has any significant effect
> > because
> > it doesn't appear as Magical Item (am I wrong?).
>
>Yup, you are wrong. They do such a good job of plowing that it
>enhances your clan magic each year, and I'm pretty sure they show up as
>a magic item. There is at least one message reporting their death (and
>the fringe benefit, not that I'm ever happy to see them go).
>
>FWIW, I prefer the plow team to the battle unit, but then again I'm not
>generally militarily aggresive, but I love having high magic.

In rational terms, I too am pretty sure the plow team does the clan more good. And high magic is nice.

But...

Earthshaker Cavalry is just --so **incredibly** cool--. I can't stop grinning at the thought of them, or writing this message. I love having them waiting in reserve to turn a potential disaster into victory or a much-needed probable victory into an overwhelming one.

And yeah, they eventually die gloriously in combat, and I'm then very sad. 8(

When I'm playing rationally, the earthshakers become oxen. When my heart is in charge.... saddle them up. 8)

It doesn't hurt that Triceratops was my favorite dinosaur as a kid. 8)

James Sterrett & Corinne Mahaffey
jscm_at_... (note - new address!)