Re: Treasures discussion

From: kentcave <kentcave_at_...> <kentcave_at_...>
Date: Thu, 09 Jan 2003 10:33:17 -0000

> About the treasure list, I think one of the fan sites, or else a

Still have the link? Just to save my time and satisfied my curiosity, it might kill the cat though.

> saying that some of the items that were assigned just one source
could
> be had in different ways. For example, I've found the Kero Finn
kites
> by exploring Kero Finn, while you indicate with confidence that
you've
> traded for them. Similarly certain other treasures can be found,
> traded for, or offered to you by thieves.
>
> A couple of specific points:
> - Blacktails son is one of my favorite treasures, but to get him you
> have to respond with generosity to an event that sometimes comes up
> regarding Blacktail, then make the appropriate choice later. Under
> your list I'd call it "Blacktail event" I guess.

The neighbour clan traders come asking to trade 40 cows for it? Hmm I will see what happens. They dont always ask for Blacktail, guess if it only happens early in the game.

> - Kero Finn ice is not found by exploring, but comes from another
> fairly rare event.

Ouch, I recalled getting it once. But now my memory fails me, seeing that I had been playing for 3 years.

> - Lead Eyes come from a troll event that is triggered by your
choices
> in an earlier event.

Ooooh that female troll warrior that come asking for IronSpike? I can never beat her, guess giving it up to her has the merit too.

> - necklace of axes comes from an event (and you might be able to
guess
> who would have such a treasure....)

Mostali would be my guess. The latest changes to Dwarf Valley really makes it tougher. I used to have a constant surplus of Magnet of Mostal. To trade to Paradur, Digging Stick folks etc. But nowadays its too random to get the Dwarf Trading scene.

> - moldy book comes from an event.
> - perpetual flour I *think* comes from an event (trying to remember
it
> more clearly)
> - helm of karse I think comes from an event (one that you have
listed
> already, but which can actually generate a variety of treasures,
> certainly more than you have listed against it)

Still have no luck seeing them. The Chaos Walktapus event?

> Looking through the list, I'm reminded how many treasures I've never
> seen yet! Obviously there are things I've not yet tried.
>
> --Bryan

Hehe see? That's my intention. To show how deep and beautiful KoDP is. Veteran folks like us, that think we might have beaten the game to death, yet we have not seen everything.

It might interest some folks to boot it up again, or in case of them losing it already, it might generate impulse buying from A#, hehe.

Come on, the rest please fill up the blanks from your own experiences. Next up is the clans in a tribe events project.