Re: Map Discussion

From: KentCave <kentcave_at_...>
Date: Fri, 10 Jan 2003 02:27:51 +0700

   Date: Wed, 08 Jan 2003 15:17:13 -0500 EST
   From: "Alexander G. M. Smith" <agmsmith_at_...>
Subject: Re: Re: KoDP yahoo group

kentcave <kentcave_at_... wrote on Wed, 08 Jan 2003 13:56:36 -0000:
> I have upload to the site :
> 1. Opal Ring (showing some folks who are the real gods)
> [...]
> http://groups.yahoo.com/group/kayodeepeeans

I see that your attachments are part of the message there (though you have to scroll down quite a distance to get the last one), not part of the file section for that group. Conveniently viewable by people who don't have a Yahoo account. Good idea, so long as it doesn't go over the 32 megabyte limit for that mailing list (incidentally KoDP has a 512MB limit, but doesn't take attachments).

Looking at your map, if you keep up that amount of expansion into neighbouring areas, you'll need to rename it Emperor of Dragon Pass and Surrounding Continents :-).

Oh, does that means folks without Yahoo account are not allowed to access the Files section?
Hmm, perhaps then I should post each one in a separately named individual message. Would be faster for folks with not much time to spare to choose which one to browse through. The Save Txt is a problem though, as it wont show as attachement and instead will spread out as message and hence getting truncated. Enjoy your moderator status. _at_,-p

I have since explored the Glorantha3D list files section too, and they have some nice pictures. I especially love the Sartar terrain map and most pics done in 3D.

About my map, mwahaha. My empire's wide and berth seems like a tiny village compare to the conquest of Sheng Seleris (I just read stories about the origin of Pain Star, really chills my blood, but in a good way =). I never expect that we can absorb the Marsh Duck lands and still keep the Beaker Ducks in the confederates. If not for my allies and tribe mates, I would have a much more beautifully expressed tula borders. Gorind specifically prevented me from expanding further to the southeast, otherwise those weaklings would have long ago join their brethen in the swamps. No matter what I do, I just cant penetrate into Enhyli border. The only clans that still allows me to steal their lands are Antorlings and White Horse. Lonisi and Rangdani are my break-away clan mates while Woodpecker and Greenwing are newcomer clans that I took pity upon.

I think my next war-clan game, I will just kick away all my immidiate neighbours to the swamps, and only worry about tribe-making in the end. I am sure with my wealth by then and lots of help from the Challana Arroy Peace Bomb, "any" clans could be easily pacified and cajoled into submission. Hmm can we even make a tribe with only two members? What's the minimum number allowed? I always have at least 4 members in a tribe.