Re: Re: Advice for a Balanced Clan

From: Edward Bornstein <button_at_...>
Date: Mon, 13 Jan 2003 14:21:19 -0500

Bryan Thexton wrote:

[ lots of good advice snipped. ]

>Speaking of trade, your crops should be really good for the next few
>years (there is a general three year benefit to the Ernalda quest that
>helps crops, plus you took that as the long term benefit), so you'll be
>able to trade food for some of whatever else you need. Note that
>besides improving the health of your cows, you can also use the Ernalda
>quest to get a treasure (That can be traded of course), or to make
>peace with the elves (and they'll give you some presents for your
>pains), so you can also use it to help your wealth in those ways.

One of the most useful blessing cropwise IMHO is the Earth Blood (or whatever the exact name is ) from Maran Gor. That way anyone killed in raids on your tula increases the soil fertility. So if you are being raided and losing, at least the casualties still help the crops. And if you are raided and winning, every foe you kill is a net benefit.

In the latter case, when you are militarily strong, using the "Summons of Evil" (from the Ancestors, IIRC) can get your ancestral enemy to raid you. Then you select "Kill as many as possible" and get both the fertility boost and the magic bonus for beating up the ancestral enemy. Note this only works if your enemy is a race, i.e. Trolls, Praxians, or Beastmen. I'm not sure if elves have blood for this purpose, and the Winter and Sea gods don't.

And of course don't forget the FAQs at:

 http://www.a-sharp.com/kodp/faq.html

and

 http://www.cyberus.ca/~hollebon/KoDPfaq.html

 http://www.people.cornell.edu/pages/bjm10/KoDP/hints.html

--
American Express says I'm deceased.  Boo!  Consider yourself haunted.
Captain Button - button_at_...