RE: please a little patch

From: Alexander G. M. Smith <agmsmith_at_...>
Date: Tue, 14 Jan 2003 20:29:39 -0500 EST

Milos Rasic wrote on Wed, 15 Jan 2003 01:18:24 +0100:
> How about an expansion? Most of successful hames have expansion.
> Maybe a war with Lunar Empire as central scenario?

That would be nice. But I don't think KoDP is commercially successful enough for an expansion, though it does have a longer shelf life than the typical two month gaming wonder.

If I were doing it, I would allow user made scenarios and then there might be a whole after-market world of updates, kind of like MS Train Simulator and other games that include level editors. Except this would be a story editor. And you'd need some good artists (or actors and a camera) to add more pictures. Hmmm, there are a lot of historical (and fantasy) re-enactors out there... And musicians. And rights. And writers. And...

Making an open source story engine wouldn't be too difficult. It's just the content.