Sequel / Expansion

From: Kaj Sotala <Tspro_at_...>
Date: Wed, 15 Jan 2003 22:31:51 +0200

> Perhaps one day we shall fork-out our due part. 10 persons coming up
> with $20k each, or 100 with $2k each. A fan-game, supported by fan-
> funds. We all will be happy with the finished product. Hey, if its
> successful outside of the intended fringe-circle, more power to us.

Interesting idea, but most fan games have the unfortunate tendency of never getting finished. Another alternative would be to donate to A-Sharp so they could use those funds to make a sequel, but I have a feeling that that plan, too, would be hard to accomplish. For one, we'd probably have to dish out a lot of money for the project to even have them break even, plus I'd imagine there'd be some legal complications as well. Dave? Any possibility of that working out?

As an unrelated note, online clanringing (= getting a bunch of folks qwho don't have the game in a chatroom, typing up the events to the chat and having them bicker over which alternative to select) is fun, not to mention a good way to get people to buy the game (None of my regulars have, yet, but they seem to have gotten kinda addicted to it, so I think there's a good chance that at least a few of 'em will. If not, I gotta get the game to at least a few of them as a birthday/ Christmas present at some point).

"I am mindful of the difference between the executive branch and the legislative branch. I assured all four of these leaders that I know the difference, and that difference is they pass the laws and I execute them." -- George W. Bush, Washington, D.C., Dec. 18, 2000
ICQ 18051088/AIM Xuenay/MSN Xuenay_at_... | http://www.saunalahti.fi/~tspro1/