Re: Why KoDP is not popular?

From: David Dunham <david_at_...>
Date: Thu, 16 Jan 2003 16:50:25 -0800

>I think KoDP is the first fresh idea in gaming since Civ.

Thanks!

>However, unlike Civ, SMAC etc, KoDP remains largely unknown. My
>quesiton is :why?

The long answer would involve an explanation of the game industry. The short answer: we're not nearly as good at marketing as at creating games.

We did get a fairly good number of reviews <http://a-sharp.com/kodp/reviews.html>. I'm not quite sure why those two didn't review -- we weren't stingy with review copies.

>Anyway, I do think KoDP can be as popular as Civ, provided better
>'advertising',better website and appropriate forum. That could make
>KoDP2 reality..

Word of mouth never hurts!

You're probably right, in that we were supposedly a top 10 game in Finland (where the game of selling games is quite different).

--

David Dunham     A Sharp     david_at_...
Voice/Fax: 206 783 7404     http://a-sharp.com