Re: Why KoDP is not popular?

From: Bryan Thexton <bethexton_at_...>
Date: Fri, 17 Jan 2003 12:00:33 -0800 (PST)

about figure skating.....well....it all depends on where you are. Up here some of the events get shown in prime time, live, on one of our main national networks.

But you know, I suspect this might actually touch on part of KoDP's problem. Descriptive as the name is, I would never have picked up a game called that off the shelf if I didn't know what it was about. It seems that most things these days with 'dragon' in the title are bad schlock fantasy, and throwing 'king' in just makes it seems like you should have delusions of gradeur. Over all I could imagine people passing it over as a cheap attempt at a Conan type knock-off, instead of the sublime creation that it is. This is not to slag the name at all, it is a great name for people who know Glorantha, which had to be the inital target audience for the game.

Maybe this is part of why it does so well in Finland, maybe the title translates with a different feel to it?

--Bryan

Do you Yahoo!?
Yahoo! Mail Plus - Powerful. Affordable. Sign up now. http://mailplus.yahoo.com