Re: combat de-bugging

From: James Sterrett & Corinne Mahaffey <jscm_at_...>
Date: Sat, 18 Jan 2003 10:39:11 -0500

>A formula that I perfected after 3 years of playing.. from my experience,
>always work flawlessly.
>
>When raiding, I always bring "all" my weaponthanes and auxiliaries. As for
>the footmen, I always left around 50 to guard my tula. For instance, I bring
>98/150 or 145/200. This formula "almost always" (90%) prevents neighbours
>from cattle raiding while I'm away. Always have all my wounded healed nicely
>too, if below 20. Try it and see how it goes, took me quite long time to
>figure it out.
>
>As for patrol, I used to put 8 on outer, and the rest (above 12) on inner.
>But recent experience shows putting 12 on outer and the rest (above 12) on
>inner, works best.
>
>Capturing land and captives are almost always my choice, as from my
>experience.. both that option (if successful) gain the same loot from
>plunder and kill as many, (if unsuccessful) then it will be just the same as
>plunder. Burning steads are just for fun, while destroying fortifications
>seems impossible to me (never happens when I was raiding the ducks). I
>always thought that bringing more men, seems to gain more loot, as more
>hands to leads the cows back home.

Interesting. I'm not an expert, but in addition to the Big Battalions (like you) I always select Kill Em All until I'm consistently kicking the pants off the enemy; only then do I select the "grab land" - and then only if I'm actually wanting to take it! (I keep one feud open with a whipping-boy clan I can beat up on to keep my war magic sharp.... 8) )

James Sterrett & Corinne Mahaffey
jscm_at_... (note - new address!)