Background Material (was Salmon Guy)

From: Alexander G. M. Smith <agmsmith_at_...>
Date: Sun, 19 Jan 2003 14:52:55 -0500 EST

I just came across some more KoDP related documents in Enclosure #1 - July 1997, by Neil Robinson / Soapy Frog (http://www.poppyware.com/dunham/glorantha/enclosure/). Besides several articles on related things (history, myth, stories about Dragon Pass), there's a large chunk of rules titled "PenDragon Pass - Rules for Glorantha". It still has individual player characters, but also has economic rules and tribe level rules, tables for cattle raids and other familiar things. Just the sort of thing which could be developed into KoDP. Not surprisingly, it's by David Dunham and Jeff Richard (and lots of contributors). Some of the line drawing artwork is even from A-Sharp, possibly pencil sketches for a game which would come out two years later? Anyway, an interesting find, even though I was looking for something else.