KoDP the Movie

From: KentCave <kentcave_at_...>
Date: Wed, 29 Jan 2003 20:17:15 +0700

Catch your attention there for a while, no?!? Hehe _at_,-p...

Anyway, me finally catch that "Druids" show, featuring Christopher Lambert as "Vercingetorix - King of Goths".

All the while when me was watching it, me mind was wondering or better yet - comparing the whole show to KoDP. I mean, the clothings they wore, the hair-styles, the steads, fortifications - the whole set just accurately potrays what we feel should be. Most men were wearing torcs on their neck (whats the purpose of this? status? wealth?).

I got a tingling sense of deja-vu when the ex-chieftain's son challenges the clan ring for leadership. The faces from the clan ring members exactly mirrors those from KoDP. Hmm does real-life barbarians society always been ruled by force? I mean, of course there will always be ring members that excelled in skills such as plant, animal, custom, trading and leadership - yet when faced with a crisis, those that were strong in arms and have oodles of bravado always prevail. At least those that with loud voice and dare to back up their words gets the most followers.

No wonder we mostly have kingdoms and republics now, instead of tribes and clans. Just like what Caesar states the main weakness of barbarian hordes - too many tribes and they cannot even agree on "one" commander-in-chief! Hmm how come in KoDP we always do better in raids if we have more ring members with war skills? Once I have a Humakti, Uroxi, Elmali and Orlanthi in my ring. Oooh those were the days...

If I recall correctly, didn't Vercingetorix thrust a spear unto the feet of Caesar or is that too much Asterix? Chris Lambert was horrible, he shouldn't be allowed to read any lines or in fact even.. laugh. The one acting as Julius Caesar though was superb. A touch of confidence here and there shows his brilliant mind at works.

Lets have some history lesson..

Goths - Germans(?) - Orlanthi

Romans - Italians- Mix of Tarshites (the armors) and Dara Happans (the senator grabs)

Normans - French - Vingkotlings/Alakorings(?)

Vikings - Norwegians/Finnish/Swedens(?) - Ralians(?)

Cossacks - Russian - ?

Now where does Teutons stand? Are they the same as Anglo-Saxons, I mean one of those germanic tribes that put up a root somewhere after wondering everywhere following raiding parties? At that time, Romans has not yet conquered Britain. Who are the original inhabitants? The race of the original builders of Stonehenge? Did they all died out, suffered genocide in the hands of Irish, Scottish or Romans? Actually from what I gathered from the era of Charlemagne, most europeans are one time or other.. splinters of various germanic tribes.

KoDP - The Movie. Impossible as a live-action extravagance, yet possible as an animated feature. One day, I will live to that moment where.. anything is possible.

PS currently stuck for a week already on Impossible Creatures and writing reviews and faqs for gamefaqs.com