switching tulas

From: David Dunham <david_at_...>
Date: Wed, 5 Feb 2003 09:34:36 -0800

Gargantua:

>Will it be possible (patch?) to play for different tulas starting
>from one save game? Like in Europa Universalis: you play for one
>country, then re-load saved game, and the game allows you to choose
>which country you'd like to continue playing for. This would allow
>playing PbEM games. Are there any principal difficulties with this?
>Is AI playing and storing information differently from human
>players?Does AI cheat? Does it have some extra info etc.?

I'd say no. Other clans use the same economic model, but we don't keep track of all their leaders. And lots of other things aren't saved on a per-clan basis (such as when a heroquest bonus ends).

There would be map-related issues too -- the player's clan starts out somewhere conducive to tribe formation. If you switched to a clan on the outskirts of Quivini lands, you'd be unable to form a tribe from your neighbors.

--

David Dunham     A Sharp     david_at_...
Voice/Fax: 206 783 7404     http://a-sharp.com