RE: win xp: can't save game

From: jeff johnson <jsjohnson_at_...>
Date: Sun, 16 Mar 2003 21:20:15 -0800

> Yes, I can confirm this. But it only happens when you try to
> save anywhere to ' C:\Documents and Settings\*any folder*

Could be that KoDP may need write permission to every folder in the directory tree it tries to save to for some reason - maybe some weird quirk of the code it's using? The first way C:\Documents and Settings is different from other folders that I can think of is that it's the root of the user profiles tree, and each user profile directory has its own file permissions that allow only that user and administrators access (on NTFS drives, anyhow).

Does this happen on a FAT32 partition or an NTFS partition?

Is the user running the game an Administrator?

---
Jeff Johnson
jsjohnson_at_...