Re: nostalgia

From: David Dunham <david_at_...>
Date: Wed, 3 Sep 2003 18:42:17 -0700

James & Corinne:

> Figure out how to eliminate the crunch mode in game production. 8)

While those who had to work for me might disagree, I think we didn't really end up in an awful death march to finish the game.

> Develop a better model for game publishing so that games like KoDP don't
> wind up as cult unknowns. 8)

That would sure be useful!

> On a more serious note behind those, lots of people complain that the
> business model for game development -> publishing -> retail is a
> mess. There's probably something to be gained in examining it.

Isn't this the same as the previous? (Remember, a game like KoDP is 450 MB so it pretty much has to be on a CD, in other words a physical product. Despite all its flaws, retail is still a very popular way for people to obtain physical products. Probably right behind gift-receiving.)

--

David Dunham     A Sharp     david_at_...
Voice/Fax: 206 783 7404     http://a-sharp.com