Re: Do you find certain Heroquests more difficult than others?

From: Bryan Thexton <bethexton_at_...>
Date: Tue, 18 Nov 2003 10:58:01 -0800 (PST)

I find the Uralda one generally very hard. Sometimes I do it just to get someone lost in the otherword, to try and gain that wonderful wheel from Gustbran. Otherwise I'm most apt to do it at the height of clan powers, with tribal support, with a quester benefitting from previous quests, and even then do it just for the 'magical cow' as that is the one safest to fail.

The only exception is the rare case where you get an Uraldan who is good at many skills. Otherwise the typical issue is:
- they are an almost perfect quester, but they die early.

All in all, a very tough quest I find. If my cattle are suffering, I usually do the ernalda quest, for improved cattle health, instead. The general benefit improves cattle fertility, and the specific seems to mean that less of them die, and overall it seems to pretty reliably perk up the herds over a few years.

Note: it is also possible that there is a hidden factor that makes the quest easier that i've never caught on to. For example, I've concluded that with CA/Humakt, and Issaries/LM, relative temple size matters. There may be something that you can do (or not do) that will help with the Uralda quest, but I've never caught on to it.

For me the next hardest is Humakt.

-Bryan

Do you Yahoo!?
Protect your identity with Yahoo! Mail AddressGuard http://antispam.yahoo.com/whatsnewfree