Ah, nostalgia...

From: Michael Schwartz <raconteurx_at_...>
Date: Fri, 12 Sep 2003 07:51:53 -0000

After two years of being adrift amid the clutter of a divorce and three moves, I found my copy of KODP and had a marvelous long game. I played only betwixt the hours of 1am (when I get home from work) and about 4am (when I typically go to bed) for a space of four days. I played a more tried-and-true seasonal strategy of exploring in Sea, raiding in Fire, sacrificing in Earth, building in Dark, and raiding or questing in Storm. I do not recall ever enjoying success to the extent I did in this game, though, ending with a Magic score somewhere in the low 200s... and I thought previous scores of 60-70 were amazing! I am now proceeding to addict several coworkers to the game... my boss chief among them. Who knows, there might even be a future HeroQuest campaign arising out of this. :)