Re: Fighting Strengths

From: Bryan Thexton <bethexton_at_...>
Date: Mon, 12 Jan 2004 07:57:21 -0800 (PST)

So, if your enemy is regularly beating the tar out of you, do you sit there and take it year after year, or do you try to find ways of beating them?

Most likely they went out and recruited every bandit and outlaw that was available that year to bolster their forces. Other years they may hire shamans to curse you, kill your horses, hire mercaneries to assault your ring, sacrifice for many more war magic blessings, etc.

> Horse Spawn and Praxians I know cannot ever be deterred from raiding
> (I once killed or wounded every single member of a Praxian raiding
> party bar a single warrior, and yet they still came back the
> following year for more) they just appear as plot devices at random,
> but is the same true of other clans too?

As for praxians, horse-spawn, and trolls, they all represent an entire people, with many "clans" of their own. I believe the game actually tracks these, so if you kill off enough attackers enough times, you should notice their numbers weakening. However there is always the possiblity that a relatively undamaged 'clan' will attack next time.

--Bryan

Do you Yahoo!?
Yahoo! Hotjobs: Enter the "Signing Bonus" Sweepstakes http://hotjobs.sweepstakes.yahoo.com/signingbonus