Re: Popularity and reputation

From: Bryan Thexton <bethexton_at_...>
Date: Mon, 12 Jan 2004 13:47:06 -0800 (PST)

Very definately being respected does not stop a rebellion if the tribal mood is really bad, and it seems that when the tribe mood is down to a certain level, it triggers the confrontation where they accuse you of being a bad orlanthi (maybe other conditions are needed too?) But that only happens when you are king or queen. The result can be, and yah I've had it happen a couple of times, that you get elected king, then immediately get asked to step down. Because I'm impatient, I've mostly just jumped back a year or so and quested to improve tribal mood, but I did play one branch through for a bit, and after we'd stepped down, at the next moot, we basically had to sit meekly aside and start earning back some respect.

As I suggested, when the mood has been that bad, I've been able to repair it with hero quests. Improve the tribal mood, prevent a split in the tribe, ward off rebellion, that sort of thing.

--Bryan

Do you Yahoo!?
Yahoo! Hotjobs: Enter the "Signing Bonus" Sweepstakes http://hotjobs.sweepstakes.yahoo.com/signingbonus