quest tips: Re: Re: Appropriate Sacrifices

From: Bryan Thexton <bethexton_at_...>
Date: Mon, 19 Jan 2004 07:35:23 -0800 (PST)

Actually, when you find one myth particularly hard, I think it often means a play style thing, so that you routinely do or don't do something that affects the odds in that myth.

I'll happily take tips on the Uralda quest though. I don't find it necessary, but there is a nice feel to having done all the quests. What I do currently is:

(but not much of one, since I've said I don't do well at this quest)

-try to have a quester strong in leadership and animals, with at least very good in combat. This is seldom an uraldan, because not many clans have one and when they do they are often poorly skilled.

-watch from a high place.

> I'm finding 'Elmal Guards the Stead' the hardest quest. Currently I
> have a
> balanced clan worshipping Elmal, the Clan chief (now King) is Heroic
> in
> Combat, Leadership and Magic, and I can still only succeed with that
> quest
> if my clan magic is around 20 or better (while I can do 'The Making
> of the
> Storm Tribe' with clan magic at zero).

So two things, one that might matter (not sure), and one that I'm sure does.

(again)

1- might help: build fortifications, especially in the year leading up to the quest.
2- Sure it helps: You need combat to kill the opponents, magic to knit yourself together again, but when faced with the teller of lies, what skill tells you what the right action is and ensures that you follow the right rules.....? If you are weak in that skill (perhaps especially if you are a strong leader) you are apt to fall for the sweet lies of chaos.

--Bryan

Do you Yahoo!?
Yahoo! Hotjobs: Enter the "Signing Bonus" Sweepstakes http://hotjobs.sweepstakes.yahoo.com/signingbonus