Re: Appropriate Sacrifices

From: Andrew Barton <AndrewBarton_at_...>
Date: Fri, 23 Jan 2004 17:07:17 -0500

kizor0" <ryokas_at_...>
--- In KingOfDragonPass_at_yahoogroups.com, Andrew Barton <AndrewBarton_at_c...> wrote:
> [Asking help for Elmal quest here]

Eh

kizor0" <ryokas_at_...>:
> I've been under the impression that giving from your people's tears
> has a 100% success rate. Sounds a bit too simple now that I type it
> out loud, though.

Picking it all three times (almost?) always gets you through that stage of the quest. I've never actually lost a fight with the various chaos monsters, but picking the right options gets you through quicker and I'd guess gives you a better final result.

In some of my recent games I was going wrong at the very last station because I'd forgotten part of the myth, only myself to blame for that one.

More often, I've failed one of the other deceiver stages. If it's right that too high a Leadership can lead you wrong, that's probably the problem.  I've usually done a Making of the Storm Tribe quest previously to get my clan magic boosted, and got my chief to Renowned or Heroic leadership in the process.

Also, there's one stage where two of the answers offered are both in the myth. I'm not sure whether one is better than the other.

Andrew