Re: trainer probs

From: skittles0316 <alavonne_at_...>
Date: Sat, 07 Feb 2004 04:25:53 -0000

Are you sure that NOTHING is checked on the Properties for KoDP.exe AND the King of Dragon Pass SHRTCUT on your desktop or start menu? Sometimes the shrtcut compatibility is checked but NOT the kodp.exe file in the game folder or vise versa. Check BOTH. Make sure NOTHING is checked, not the compatibility OR the display settings boxes under the same tab "run the game in 640x480." NOTHING should be checked in either the kodp.exe file or the SHORTCUT you use to run it. Check also in your \kodp\mt\ folder that mtplay95.exe ALSO has nothing checked in the compatibility/display settings boxes. NOW, go to your startmenu choose "run" type "Regedit." We will now check to see if anything to do with KoDP is still in the registry telling windows to run it in 98 mode. Look in:

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\AppCompatFlags\Layers]

Make sure NOTHING is in the window on the RIGHT side there . If so highliight the stuff and delete it.

Once you have done ALL of this start a new game and then run my trainer. If after doing ALL of this and its still does not work then the final solution is a reinstall> So do this:

1.Set your desktop resolution to whatever you normally use(I gues you use 800x600)thats fine.

2. UNINSTALL KoDP, delete everything out of the folder if you are going to install into same folder again,back up savegames if needed,etc.

3. Install KoDP and update to 1.7, don't copy over any extra files to get past playing without the cd or anything, just do it normally.

4.Just run KoDP normally, don't bother checking with the properties or anything.
5.Start a new game. Run my trainer. Then tell me what happens. Start a new game.