Re: Cool and Rare Events..

From: David Short <david.short_at_...>
Date: Mon, 09 Feb 2004 10:49:18 -0500

At 09:29 AM 2/9/2004, you wrote:
> From: Bryan Thexton <bethexton_at_...>
>Subject: Re: Re: Cool and Rare events..
>
> > ..how to escape by joining other tribe for help? since at that time
> > only Colymar is available, guess thats why I never got the option..
>
>When they come to ask for tribute, I believe one of the options is to
>petition them for membership in their tribe. I've never tried it.

I did it. I've never won a hard/long game without any save and reloads. This game was the closest I ever got.

In year 2 or so the Colymar came calling. There was no way I could withstand their raids and I knew paying tribute would start a downward spiral. I was as generous as I could be and they let me join. That triggered the rest of the tribes to form. Within a couple of years I had completed all the quests and had a tribal king who was a decent candidate to be KODP.

The endgame never triggered. I played 150 or so years as that tribe. There was a bug, since patched, that if you got in a tribe this way the end game would never come. Broke my heart.

dfs