HQ bug?

From: perkele000 <antti.heiskanen_at_...>
Date: Tue, 10 Feb 2004 13:03:45 -0000

Hi,

I uninstalled the game and did a new clean install from the CD and updated back to 1.7. Hence following should have nothing to do with the "speeding up experiment problems" I brought up earlier on this list.

I think I found a bug or at least a strange behavor that I can't remember going on the last time I played the game year(s?) ago with earlier versions (1.6 and downwards). What happens is that if I do a heroquest as a first action of a season the second action of the that season will be skipped. So the quest takes two actions instead of normal one action. BUT if do a HQ as the second action of a season the next season has the normal two action available(for example I can raid twice before that season changes etc.)

I even did testing with a totally new clan just to make sure it wasn't the speeding up experiment that had mixed up our saved game. Following happened:

Sea#1 -HQ
Sea#2 -Not available! Skips to Fire#1

Fire#1 -HQ
Fire#2 -Not available! Skips to Earth#1

Earth#1 -Take some randon non-HQ action
Earth#2 -HQ

Dark#1 ?Action #1 available to random acticity Dark#2 ?Action #2 available to random acticity

Storm#1 - HQ
Strom#2 -Not available. Skips to Sacred Time!

I did this few times with few variations but the results were the same. Do HQ as a first action of the season and you'll miss the second action.

And to once more stress the point that it should have nothing to do with the speeding experiment. I encountered this once before the experiment and remember it particularly clearly because it was Storm season's first action and the quester was a ring member, so I had left the last action of the year as safety in order to get the ring back to healthty seven members for the Sacred Time rituals if anything bad would happen on the god plane. Well of course the quester died! The game skipped the last action and had to go to the Sacred time with a broken ring. It was so bizarre incident that saves might be still available for David if he needs them... Then I thought "Oh well maybe I just miscalculated the actions I had taken or it was a minor glitch that happened only that one time."

But but... Now I don't think so anymore. Please could someone else try if the same happens with them with Version 1.7? Or is it just my KoDP going insane...

-antti