Re: HQ bug?

From: perkele000 <antti.heiskanen_at_...>
Date: Thu, 12 Feb 2004 17:31:25 -0000

David:
>This sounds like a bug, but I doubt it can be fixed. (I think this is
>the first report, after all these years!)

Shame it can't be fixed. Will have to learn to live with it then.

I just _had_ to go back version one by one. And look and behold! The same behavior was in indeed in every one of them down to 1.2 (that was far as I had to time to test). So probably it's in 1.0 too. How strange that no-one reported this to you years ago! I'm equally astonished by the fact that I noticed this only now. (Or actually the one that precisely pointed out what was going on was my lady when I wondered about the issue and did experiments with it. So yes guys, you really should try to get your loved ones to try out games you play. They might point out bugs for you to report :) Anyway.. from early days onwards I have usually had had a some sort of ten action plan on paper for the upcoming year. I have found planning to be one of the charms of the game. I guess I have usually planned the HQs as the last action of the season on regular basis then!

All being said about planning ahead and thinking what works the best in what situation (like trying to get info from David about diplomatic missions and what skills you need:), I still view KoDP as a roleplaying game more than anything else. Hence despite it probably not being the most effective way of achieving the goal of getting tribute from another clan, I still find it most amusing to send an Urox worshipper (hopefully in a berserk mood!) to lead mission and demand tribute for example. :-)

Bryan Thexton:
>I always assumed that it was a feature!

Heh. Just out of pure curiosity Bryan. How did you rationalize that HQ should take one or two actions depending on time of the season you quested and didn't think it was a bug? :)

-antti //who promises to try to get more on topic stuff into his next posting rather than rambble like above..