Re: speed issues

From: Jen Piatek <jgreekpi_at_...>
Date: Thu, 19 Feb 2004 17:25:42 -0500

Re: KoDP under OS 10.3.2

I recently started playing KoDP again -- (Dual 450 G4, OS 10.3.2, 384 Mb RAM, I think Classic is 9.2.2) -- and I noticed some oddities, as well. While it didn't seem that the game ran slower, there were a number of points where the GUI would "stick" -- the game would continue (you could hear the music change when an event came up), but the previous screen wouldn't go away. The onscreen buttons would still function sometimes, but I'd have to click around to choose a random option and get the game to move on. (This also happened during the "you've won the game" sequence of images -- the first time I viewed it, the images loaded very slowly, and hung a bit after the music finished. The second time, it ran just fine, go fig -- I'd loaded from a save game).

Wondering if there's a Classic extension that needs to be enabled or disabled, perhaps? I didn't see much of an improvement after increasing the app's memory, either.

The only recommendation I can make is to save frequently, just in case you get a hang, or get really annoyed waiting for the graphic to load.