Need help!

From: John <uplink989_at_...>
Date: Thu, 11 Mar 2004 10:13:54 -0000

Having recently borrowed this game from a friend (and yes, he lost the manual), I find that it's just TOO FREAKING HARD to play -- even on EASY! While I'm a long-time Runequest player (since the 2nd Edition red book) and I understand the myths, the actual gameplay mechanics seem to be oriented so that no matter what happens, you eventually run out of food and the clan breaks up (which is what's happened to me every single time I play the game).

I don't see how to get more cows, which seems to be the main form of currency, and I don't like raiding, because I always lose more people. I assign enough people to be farmers, but I inevitably get to the point where my people are starving and I have to slaughter cows, because if I go on a quest, I'll lose the quest and the quester (it's happened every time).

I try to make peace with my enemies but I need to give them gifts, and those gifts are either going to be cows or goods, and I seem never to have enough of either.

Now, before anyone starts giving me 'hints', I don't need hints. I need a step-by-step tutorial telling me how to get past the point where I keep running out of cows. Otherwise I'm just going to give this game back to my friend and skip A-Sharp products from now on. They've made this game too hard, in my opinion.

I enjoy the way the game is set up, I don't need flashy graphics, but I _do_ need a chance to progress further in the game.

-John