That was SOME poem

From: bethexton_at_...
Date: Wed, 14 Apr 2004 18:49:38 -0000

In a recent game, from start until shortly before we became king of the tribe, the clan was largely carried on the shoulders of our heroic ernaldan god-talker. She was the best leader (although she wasn't chief, it being an Elmali clan and all), best farmer, best negotiator, best law-talker, and even a pretty good fighter. She completed five different hero quests (ernalda, storm tribe, O&A, issaries, LM), and while she failed on the Uralda quest she did gain Gustbran's wheel. She won drinking and swordplay contests in Tarsh, calmed tempers, forged alliances, and generally was the leading figure of the clan for 23 years.

Finally she was getting on in years and the clan was facing up to having to replace her in the next ten years or so. Then tragically she was struck down before her time, but managed to linger long enough to tell us a poem of her life.

We were so moved, we shared the poem with other clans, who were also moved.

And on a more practical note, our clan magic went up by nearly 30 points! That was SOME poem!

Oh, and just a season or two after that we finally managed to take the throne, and I suspect our suddenly buff magic total may have played a role in that-or maybe it was in increase in our reputation because of her poem? Either way, even in death she served the clan well.

It is that sort of unintentional story that keeps popping out of KoDP games that keeps me playing it!

--Bryan