Re: That was SOME poem

From: kizor0 <ryokas_at_...>
Date: Fri, 30 Apr 2004 17:32:55 -0000

Interesting. I just lost a Lankhor Mhy worshipper who was either renowed or heroic in many things and a very important figure in the clan to a sudden, tragic snake bite. He recited a poem on his deathbed that we shared with the other clans, bringing our magic up by a smaller but still very large boost of 14 points. It could be because our recent luck at heroquesting had already raised our magic to 14, or it could be because our stiff was not quite as epic as the one who gave a 30-point boost.

Unfortunately, I still ended up quitting for the time being. Why? Because we had just succeeded at tribe-making in unpromising circumstances far better than I had done in previous games during optimal times, and the man had risen to the rank of tribal king not five minutes before.

Now excuse me while I go find out who's the patron deity of snakes and open a can of Earthshaker on whatever she holds holy. If there is no such thing, we'll make one up.