Re: doing it the proper way

From: Bryan Thexton <bethexton_at_...>
Date: Wed, 9 Jun 2004 06:24:12 -0700 (PDT)

Chris;

I've not been brave/disciplined enough to commit myself to such a game yet, although I've thought about it.

A couple of heroquest tips that seem to reduce the odds of failure

-the "suicide" O&A quest. If you have someone who should be able to do well on it, but is old or otherwise dispensible, go do the quest, choosing to strengthen the warriors. When you face Daga, take all the damage that he can dish out. It seems to give a pretty good bonus on the rest of the quest, but it will massacre your questers combat skill.  However, you stand a good chance of giving a really good bounce to your other top warriors.

-The Ernalda quest seems easier to me when your crop is going to be bad--maybe only when you choose "improve crops" as your goal. So if you wait for such a year, and go for the Ernalda quest choosing improve crops you'll avoid having such a bad harvest that year, and give yourself some padding on the food front.

Good luck, I'd love to hear how it goes!

-Ed

Do you Yahoo!?
Friends. Fun. Try the all-new Yahoo! Messenger. http://messenger.yahoo.com/