Re: Daily Radar review

From: roger_ducasse <murometz_at_...>
Date: Wed, 04 Oct 2006 15:50:54 -0000

I suspect...no, I know that a lot of fans of that rubbish would disagree with you on that one. :D But then, the computer games industry is built, not around games, but around the marketing of games, IMO. You pre-sell a title by building it up to kiddies with an endless series of teasers in the form of interviews, screenshots, trailers, and lists of features (many of which will be removed before release). Then, after its sold, you quickly market the next set of advanced information on a game that will be even better, have more of everything, and of course overwhelm the kiddies with yet eye and ear candy before release. It is a quintessential quest after an ever-receding rainbow's end.

But I do agree, and with your suggestion about KoDP's replayability. There are so many different parameters you can change, so many different paths you can take. It's a great time waster. I have it running, now, in the background, in compromise 800 x 600 mode, while I transcribe an interview for work.

>Out of curiosity, how many folks out there came to this game
>having not been fans of Runequest beforehand?

I wasn't, and still aren't. I have no interest in PnP games, or game universes as such.

Barry B.