No-CD patch idea.

From: Bryan Thexton <bethexton_at_...>
Date: Wed, 14 Feb 2007 09:39:38 -0800 (PST)

Heh, and if I ever end up again on a trans-pacific flight with a laptop, I'd be able to play for a lot longer, without the CD player sucking the battery dry!

I'm neither imminently travelling nor do I currently have a laptop, but I have had a few flights that I'd have loved to make go more quickly with KoDP.

--Bryan

> > 1b. Re: Buying KoDP
> > Posted by: "Meredith Dixon" dixonm_at_... hebeti
> > Date: Tue Feb 13, 2007 10:24 am ((PST))
> >
> > David Dunham wrote:
> >> You guys are making some assumptions, such as that there is a
> >> download version. (The game as shipped required a CD in the drive
> as
> >> you may recall -- this is problematic with a download!)
> >
> > Actually, I'd buy a downloadable version just to get a no-CD patch.
> > love
> > KoDP but it's a pain to have to put the disk
> > in the drive every time. As you probably don't remember, I wore
> out my
> > original disk and had to buy another from you.
>
> I didn't wear out my original disk, but I do second Meredith's
> sentiment.
> I would play a LOT more kodp if there were a no-cd version.
> I don't know how much revenue A# would stand to lose by building such
> thing, but I would certainly purchase such a thing.
> Such a game would be an evergreen that would never leave my machine..
>
> dfs

Food fight? Enjoy some healthy debate
in the Yahoo! Answers Food & Drink Q&A.