Re: Pasture: Sheeps, Cattle, and Pigs

From: Bryan Thexton <bethexton_at_...>
Date: Thu, 1 Nov 2007 06:01:18 -0700 (PDT)

Part of your problem is actually all of those temples. The Ernalda temple requires the sacrifice of pigs, all the others require the sacrifice of sheep.

With regard to pigs, the Ernalda temple does offer the Swine Blessing blessing, which will help with the size of pig herds--but when they are already so small, this may not matter much.

There is nothing specific you can do about sheep. Basically unless you build up really large sheep herds early on, you can run low later. Although, as mentioned, the latest patch does increase the sheep birth rate, or something like that, to make this less of a problem. However even with the patch I've had a couple of games where I fell short of sheep late on (usually I'd lost a bunch to disease at some point, and never fully recovered).

Sometimes when you cattle raid you'll get sheep too. However this is not predictable or reliable, and once your sheep herd has collapsed in numbers this will not generally be enough to make any significant difference.

Herd sacred time magic will help all of your animals, but I assume you are already assigning all that you can there.

A really high score in Animals for one of your ring-members will help herd growth somewhat--especially if you can get someone there with heroic animals. You can increase Animals ability with the Uralda quest, or to a lesser degree using the Ernalda quest (minor impact on animals) or the LM quest to give knowledge to your leaders (each leader gets a bit better in their best skills it seems). But again, this won't help much if you don't have much herd left anyway.

So either you just deal with your traders buying sheep and pigs every so often when you run short, or else you tear down a bunch of your temples.

Regards;

-Bryan

> My current game got serirous problem with sheeps
>
> The first part is okay. i got an Uraldan on the ring and those sheeps
>
> keep birthing.
>
> Then after the king election. My Uraldan got sick and die. No prob,
> still got other high level Barnstars and Ernaldas. And the cattle was
>
> growing up nicely... After a few years I notice: My sheep got
> reduced.
> Sacred Time report say the increase of cattle, and horse, but decreas
>
> of sheep. Increase of both = decrease of sheeps, so at first I wasnt
> alarmed. Nevertheless that situation continued a few years now, so
> its' annoying. (My craftmen is numerous (100+) 5 source of materials
> on tula, Great temple of issaries.) The question is: how do I
> increase
> my sheeps? buy, raid, or whatever, I dont care, just how?
>
> Second question for pigs. I got some serious famine a few years in
> tow
> (200 die in 4 years due to hunger). Gotta slaughter those pigs, with
> about 300 leftover so they dont buy new packs. Still, after I buildup
>
> all those great temples and temples, the demand on pigs each year is
> outweigh the birthing. So every 4 years I have to buy a new herd of
> pigs. It's not big a drain on my trade goods or my stored foods, but
> it's annoying. how do I increase my pigs? buy, raid, or whatever, I
> dont care, just how?

Do You Yahoo!?