Re: Wishlist ....

From: Meredith Dixon <dixonm_at_...>
Date: Mon, 5 Nov 2007 11:22:30 -0500

If you hadn't made all those other posts to the list recently, I'd assume you were trolling. As it is, I'll try to answer you seriously.

> Well, there are ways to grow big clan, like it or not. And I still
> would like more nobles.

Of course there are, but it's not meant to be a good idea to do it.

> Killing my own King/Queen? Well maybe just because I like regicide

No comment.

> Killing others' King/Queen? You thought that's easy?

No, that wasn't what I was saying. I was saying that, if you could simply and treacherously kill off a king or queen from another clan just when you had groomed a suitable candidate for the crown, it would be absurdly easy to win the game. (It also wouldn't be a game I'd like to play at all, as honor is at the heart of my clan's interactions with others.) You'd cut out one whole stage of the game. The whole *point* of the electoral stage of the game lies in keeping a candidate ready to stand for election, and keeping one's standing up with the other clans while you wait for your chance.

> Sure, regicide is frowned on by Gods and people. No problem with
> that! Just penalty that action, success or failure, at will! But
> there should be options to do.

I don't like games that encourage treacherous acts.

> Currently the interaction of other tribes-clan, or tribe-tribe is
> little and far between. Only Colymar with your clan, as I can
> recall. And once a game, only: the colymar delegation came and
> demand your tributes.

Have you ever actually gotten a king or queen elected from your own clan? Once you do it is possible to form alliances with other tribes, though I've never wanted to do so.

--
Meredith Dixon <dixonm_at_...>
Check out *Raven Days* <http://www.ravendays.org>