Re: HeroQuesting Questions

From: Bryan Thexton <bethexton_at_...>
Date: Wed, 26 Mar 2008 08:27:32 -0700 (PDT)

> >The reason I ask is that I've been led to believe from what was
> >written about heroquesting that picking the mythically correct
> >choices will be more challeging, but also give a greater benifit.
>
> Sorry, I can't recall the correct choices, but my understanding was
> that picking the mythically correct choices was easier and more
> likely
> to succeed, but that you could succeed with other choices - or, at
> least, not fail - if your stats were high enough.
>
> Have you traded for the secret version of the Humakt quest? If not,
> try to do so; they always have helpful information that may lead you
> to realize that another choice would be better.
>
> Good luck!

There isn't a deeper secret version of the Humakt myth (only Making the Storm Tribe, Ernalda, Uralda, and Elmal have the two levels).

Also, as I recall it, in each quest there is one station where the myth does not provide clear guidance--this is deliberate, to simulate how things never go quite how you expected.

I admit that the Humakt quest is the one that I have the most trouble with, but I wonder if this is because I mostly play peace or balanced clans? I wonder if that would be easier for a war clan? Anyway, I've never figured out a consistently successful choice at that first station, but I think maybe it depends a bit on your stats--like with high bargaining you might do better at flattering Eurmal?

Uralda usually gives me the second most trouble. I also find the benefits from those two quests not all that impressive, so even when I play a game all the way through I don't always do those ones (although Uralda is the best quest for when you want to get lost, to try and get that lovely wheel!)

--Bryan

Looking for last minute shopping deals? Find them fast with Yahoo! Search. http://tools.search.yahoo.com/newsearch/category.php?category=shopping