Re: HeroQuesting Questions

From: The Dugans <alleghator_at_...>
Date: Thu, 27 Mar 2008 03:16:52 -0000

> There isn't a deeper secret version of the Humakt myth (only Making the
> Storm Tribe, Ernalda, Uralda, and Elmal have the two levels).
>
> Also, as I recall it, in each quest there is one station where the myth
> does not provide clear guidance--this is deliberate, to simulate how
> things never go quite how you expected.

I expected that was one reason. But that's NOT the case here. The myth states, in either the the Humakt myth info or the Sword myth info, that Eurmal showed him the sword, and THEN humakt took it saying "I am a god and have no misunderstanding about it" or some such. I don't mind having scenes that the myths doesn't speak about. I do mind when the myth tells you precisely what to do, and for all I can determine is the wrong answer.

And besides, this doesn't answer my question. Is this scene a "Question & Sequence Answer" stage, or a "Question & single answer - move one" stage?

> I admit that the Humakt quest is the one that I have the most trouble
> with, but I wonder if this is because I mostly play peace or balanced
> clans? I wonder if that would be easier for a war clan? Anyway, I've
> never figured out a consistently successful choice at that first
> station, but I think maybe it depends a bit on your stats--like with
> high bargaining you might do better at flattering Eurmal?

I agree. If I was forced to choose amoung the skills, I think the "politely ask for the sword" would be diplomacy. And the remaining choice, "trick him to lower his guard and take the sword" would likely be some combination of skills.

> Uralda usually gives me the second most trouble. I also find the
> benefits from those two quests not all that impressive, so even when I
> play a game all the way through I don't always do those ones.

I was playing a war clan. I was doing quite well with a few treasures and a good leader. But Humakt's "Aid when we raid" benifit made a REMARKABLE difference. After I completed the quest, I always sacrificed to humakt and choose the "kill em all" choice during the battle. It was very effective. I went two - three years with no deaths on my side and MASSIVE #kills on theirs.

Of course, this is a small sample. Maybe these results were just a lucky turn of the dice.

(although