Re: Re: King of Dragon Pass in CIV?

From: Kaj Sotala <xuenay_at_...>
Date: Tue, 16 Dec 2008 05:26:18 +0200

On Tue, Dec 16, 2008 at 4:38 AM, David Dunham <david_at_...> wrote:
>>That part's among the easiest to change. Even unmodded Civ 4 has one
>>city challenge as a default game mode, and the tech tree can be
>>adjusted or disabled entirely. Of course, then you'll have to come up
>>with new content to replace it, but in principle I don't see anything
>>in the original KoDP game that you couldn't carry out with the Civ 4
>>engine.
>
> It has interactive stories now?

Depends on how you define 'interactive stories' - technically every video or computer game ever made can be considered an interactive story. ;-)

But it does have an event system which can be used to implement things similar to the stories in KoDP, even if that's currently somewhat buggy when it comes to long event chains. For a fantasy mod, I proposed (and apparently had implemented, though I'm not sure what changes the mod team made) an event chain that was inspired by that endless feud in KoDP that keeps popping up over and over: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showpost.php?p=6202603&postcount=45 .