Re: Personality traits

From: ulyssez <ulyssez_at_...>
Date: Mon, 13 Apr 2009 18:03:23 -0000

Okay, let me add two more traits to the "fairly certain" list:

"Told you so!": Spouts one of those "told you blahblah" comments disturbingly often. Frequently seen on tricksters but not all Eurmali are bloody smug bastards.

Mumbler/Alzheimer: Tends... to... what were we talking about again?

One difficulty in traits observation is that, in any given scene, many of the advices seem to be "standard" in that they can be given by anyone that doesn't qualify for a more personality-specific advice -- even if the advice doesn't completely fit the character's personality. So very often you'd get probably warlike characters advising peace and vice versa.

I don't know if the traits are completely random, but I suppose females shouldn't ever get the Patriarchal trait. I think I have had a warlike or hateful Chalana Arroyan, though. That was a bit disturbing. But as mentioned above, she usually gave "standard" peaceful or neutral advices, but every now and then she would advocate for pure violence.

Re: NPClan chiefs, after further testing, I'm pretty sure that they each have four traits that can be either positive or negative. These are: Generous <-> Stingy
Daring <-> Cautious
Honest <-> Devious
Pious <-> Impious

As for all the gemstone-collecting and energy-conserving traits, I'm leaning toward that they are just cosmetic nonsense. In fact I'm not even sure if all of these are really saved in the game. I noticed that some AI chiefs' name change every time you load a save game...