Open source?

From: waferthinninja <waferthinninja_at_...>
Date: Mon, 08 Jun 2009 12:41:24 -0000

Hi, long time KoDP player, new to the list.

Will the source code for KoDP ever be opened up to the public? I suspect not, since I expect a game like this still sees a trickle of sales; for one, I showed the game to a friend who rushed off to get his own copy.

It would be fantastic thing for the world though:

Having the code for the engine/OSL might provide the leg up for people to create new stories and/or similar games.

Seeing the Opal scripts would answer a multitude of questions I'm sure a lot of us here have about the game. I'd be fascinated to see the things which were taken into account when deciding the results. What always amazed me about the game was that you could have the same event, but it would play out differently based on different factors. Made the 800(?) events seem like thousands.