Re: Similar games?

From: dharper_at_...
Date: Tue, 09 Jun 2009 11:26:16 -0400 (EDT)

> I'm sure many people in this group will have harboured the desire to
> make a KoDP-a-like at one point or another. Did anyone ever do it? Are
> there any other games out there that are obviously inspired by it?

After seeing the demo for Spirited Heart (Winterwolf Games), I was struck by the similarity in gameplay between the two games, even though Spirited Heart followed a single character and not a clan. It felt like a cross between KoDP and the classic Japanese game Princess Maker. On the strength of the demo (despite the occasional translation error which worried me) I bought the game, and sadly actual gameplay does not really resemble the demo's style very much. It turned out to be only a passable game and not at all like KoDP.

This mail sent through WebMail | Courtesy of Execulink