re: Open source?

From: David Dunham <david_at_...>
Date: Tue, 9 Jun 2009 11:21:51 -0700

>Will the source code for KoDP ever be opened up to the public? I
>suspect not, since I expect a game like this still sees a trickle of
>sales; for one, I showed the game to a friend who rushed off to get
>his own copy.

You can't compile KoDP without mTropolis header files. So there's not a lot of point to it.

(Ignoring all the other issues, like the fact that it uses IDEs from the late 90s, so you probably couldn't compile it anyway.)

>Seeing the Opal scripts would answer a multitude of questions I'm
>sure a lot of us here have about the game. I'd be fascinated to see
>the things which were taken into account when deciding the results.
>What always amazed me about the game was that you could have the
>same event, but it would play out differently based on different
>factors. Made the 800(?) events seem like thousands.

You saw the sample scene?

--

David Dunham     A Sharp, LLC
Voice/Fax: 206 783 7404     http://a-sharp.com