Re: Open source?

From: outis02 <ulyssez_at_...>
Date: Wed, 10 Jun 2009 08:34:15 -0000

> You can't compile KoDP without mTropolis header files. So there's not
> a lot of point to it.

Exactly. It really cannot hurt the KoDP sales in anyway. It would just be a fascinating look into the workings of the game for us fans.

I am of the philosophy that all source code, be it games or application or operating systems, should be open to the public sooner or later. Most source code become practically useless in 8 years or so. The value of a piece of programming shifts from what they can do, when compiled, to the knowledge they contained. And this value is not realized until shared.

I hope the Asharpians would consider this seriously.