Re: Similar games?

From: waferthinninja <waferthinninja_at_...>
Date: Thu, 11 Jun 2009 15:01:38 -0000

The fact there was never a KoDP2 speaks volumes: in commercial terms, I think it was just too much work for too little reward.

I am just a bit suprised there are no amateurish half completed attempts out there - at least none I have ever found. Compared to, say, "Roguelikes", of which there are literally hundreds of corpses littering the internet. I guess the main difference is that to make something even superficially like KoDP requires a scripting system, which is a big hurdle for an amateur programmer to get over.