Re: Re: Simplifying King of Dragon Pass

From: Meredith Dixon <dixonm_at_...>
Date: Mon, 15 Jun 2009 11:28:42 -0400

On Mon, 2009-06-15 at 05:31 -0700, Michael Jason Teegarden wrote:

> But hunters have never seemed to bring in that much food, nor is their effect on giving
> warning before raids ever seemed clear. You might get rid of them.

That's funny. What size tula do you claim at the start of the game? I always start with the largest possible amount of territory, and my hunters keep my clan fed in the early game. Once we've managed to heroquest to Uralda or Ernalda, cows or crops become more important, but hunting is absolutely vital for the first five years or so, even for Peace clans. For Balanced clans, it remains very important until you form tribes, and most War clans need to hunt throughout the game, though a few are lucky enough to take and keep enough thralls to have a good agricultural base.

--
Meredith Dixon <dixonm_at_...>
Check out Raven Days <http://www.ravendays.org>