Re: Open source

From: David Dunham <david_at_...>
Date: Sun, 21 Jun 2009 15:06:58 -0700

Kaj

>One extra reason for why making it partially open source might improve
>sales: increased compatibility with newer systems. For instance, while
>KoDP does run on my Windows XP, I've been unable to make it run so
>that it'd also have sound.

Sound depends on mTropolis, which is owned by Quark and couldn't be made open source. So this could not be fixed through the magic of open source.

I know this doesn't help you, but 5 minutes ago I booted my MacBook Air into XP SP3 and the music was totally fine. I suspect drivers. (And no, open source wouldn't provide a Mac OS X version either.)

--

David Dunham     A Sharp, LLC
Voice/Fax: 206 783 7404     http://a-sharp.com