Re: Re: KODP Flash (Spoilers included)

From: Bryan Thexton <bethexton_at_...>
Date: Mon, 21 Sep 2009 06:47:40 -0700 (PDT)

That idea for notes is awesome....in one early game I would occasionally exit the game and then use a text editor to add notes to the log of things that happened, but that was a hassle.  This particularly is an issue with pop up notifications that don't get logged and mentions of other clan chiefs.  So either an ability to add notes to the clan history, or else a seperate note pad, would be very useful.  Especially given that the game is long enough that people will often be playing at fairly widely spaced intervals, so it is easy to forget details of what has happened.

And just by-the-by, I actually hit a couple of minor things I'd not seen before.  In a year end pop up I got informed that our weaponthanes were feeling down because our war leader had accidentally wounded one of them in practice (or maybe killed?).  I'm pretty sure I'd never actually seen that one before.  Also for the very first time I got the "one of the first clans to settle the area" clan to join our tribe.....I'm never willing to promise the war against the beast people, and in the past they'd never join without it.  This time, for whatever reason, they actually joined.  I'm eager to see what troubles they may bring us :)

--Bryan

---was too large!) and that screen real estate could be used to provide

"note paper" panes (I make a lot of notes when I was playing!) and a

pane with a searchable manual (ala MS Help Files).

Just a thought!

--

John Machin

- Athanasius Kircher, 'The Great Art of Knowledge'. __________________________________________________________________ Yahoo! Canada Toolbar: Search from anywhere on the web, and bookmark your favourite sites. Download it now http://ca.toolbar.yahoo.com. [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]