Re: Re: KODP Flash (Spoilers included)

From: Michael Jason Teegarden <mjteegarden_at_...>
Date: Mon, 21 Sep 2009 09:40:13 -0700 (PDT)

The "once-a-year picture" of the tula adds a sense of progress to the game. The player can see the tula start off sparsely settled and built-up. Then, as the game goes on, the tula becomes more "civilized." To me, this part of the game is a necessary reminder or refresher that helps to keep the game on-track.

Michael

> OK, perhaps all 50+ aren't needed -- that's why figuring out what's
> not part of the core game experience is essential. For example, I
> remember the once-a-year picture of the clan tula was a LOT of work.
> And it's certainly one of the screens that says "I am a game." But
> does it add anything to play?

   I liked that picture.. I think it added to the flavor of the game. The "feel" of KODP was an important part of it. Better to remove filler and complexity without consequence than polish and chrome.

Community e-mail addresses:
  Post message: KingOfDragonPass_at_onelist.com   Subscribe: KingOfDragonPass-subscribe_at_onelist.com   Unsubscribe: KingOfDragonPass-unsubscribe_at_onelist.com List/archive URL: