Re: Savegame editing

From: outis02 <uly_at_...>
Date: Tue, 03 Nov 2009 17:11:52 -0000

It certainly breaks the "game experience" as it is originally intended, but for some, breaking the game is quite an experience all in itself. Some kids just get more kick out of breaking their toys.

That said, there's the question of how I could actually share my findings. I use a hex editor called 010 Editor by SweetScape. It comes with a built-in template scripting system for hex files, with a C-like syntax. I could simply post up my template files, but that would probably be quite incomprehensible to any non-programmer who might also be interested. Suggestions?