Re: Installing KoDP in Windows 7

From: outis02 <uly_at_...>
Date: Fri, 06 Aug 2010 14:08:43 -0000

Could you provide more detail on how you did it?

By "run off the HD", do you mean the old "copy files to HD and rename the partition KoDP" trick?

I've got a Win7 x64, too, but KoDP refuses to run. The CD installer gives the 105 error, so I simply copied the whole KoDP from the installation of an old XP machine. Still, KoDP simply doesn't work. When I run KoDP.exe, I can see the process starting in the task processes (in the task manager), but within a second it will dissappear again. No error messages, no nothing.

I've tried the above in and out of Vista and XP compatibility mode.

-o