Re: KoDP on Twitter

From: outis02 <uly_at_...>
Date: Mon, 09 Aug 2010 18:16:51 -0000

Huh?

Erm. Excuse me for my skepticism, but I can't but feel that this is totally misguided. I mean, are you really going to tweet about a 10-year-old game that will never see another update? What exactly are you going to tweet about? Is this just going to be Mr. A# reminiscing about development trivia?

The whole ethos of the Twitter is antithetical to KoDP. Twitter is designed for ongoing, transient things, things that change and evolve. Unless you're planning some kind of development revival, all you can tweet about is something historical.

Don't get me wrong, I certianly would appreciate KoDP trivia and whatnot. But Twitter just isn't the right medium for it -- the 140-char limit won't help, either. A blog, for example, would be a much nicer medium, at least in a blog you might show off your fine writing. As it is, I will probably check out the tweet every few weeks or so. I certainly wouldn't "follow" it. None of what you could tweet about is timely, and it's just a bit silly to "follow" updates about the past.

I really do appreciate your continued attention to the KoDP community. But the community is spread thin enough as it is, and I don't see how this is going to help.